The Stud Application Kit contains the Cavallo Hoof Boot Studs and Application Tool. Hoof boot studs provide your horse better traction in slippery conditions such as ice, mud and snow. The tool fits right in the end of your drill to make installing Simple studs quick and easy.
Includes 12 studs and the new, improved application tool.
Things to keep in mind about hoof boot studs:
- Make sure your boots fit well and your horse is acclimated to wearing them before you apply studs
- Always apply studs to both boots for proper balance
- Do not turn horses out wearing studded boots. A frolicking horse can injure himself and others with studded boots.
- When drilling, make sure the stud does not extend past the sole of the foot. This can especially be a problem on older boots with worn soles.
- Use caution when installing studs in used boots, as the sole tread is thinner than when new. Studs may penetrate through older well worn soles.
- Always use your best judgment when going out for a ride in slippery conditions. Hoof boots provide extra traction, but they do have their limits!
Installation is easy!
Pre-drill 1/8 inch locator holes with a 3/16 inch drill bit. Lock stud into position on the end of the NEW AND IMPROVED tool. Position end of the stud tread over the drilled hole and slowly drill the stud into the sole tread until the base of the stud head touches the sole. IT’S THAT SIMPLE!